Pages

Stranger danger!

It's been a while since I've posted on here. Sorry about that. I would post a video blog but Jaime is sleeping, haha.

I've been extremely MIA on skype, too. Ah! So much fail. But I've been taking control of my school work and meditation is helping me handle everything that's happening right now. My last day of my freshman year of college is May 19th - it sounds far away, but it really isn't. There are so many papers and trips and laughs and anxieties and enjoyment between today and that day. It's crazy to think about.

I'm thinking about getting a job as a communication/tech person for CILSA next year. It fits really well, and I love CILSA as a whole; when I volunteered at the youth shelter, I was in good company with two very nice and pleasant ladies who are Bonner leaders.

Also: I've had the growing urge to take on ethnic studies as an additional minor (my other being French) or maybe a split or double major if SMC decides to upgrade. Luckily, my advisor is on the board for the ethnic studies program so she might be able to pull a few strings. She is a wonderful human being, like many of the faculty here on campus.

The (SUP)port Justice club is looking so good right now. I think I want to start doing things at the Peace Pole weekly or monthly... I should probably bring it up at the next club meeting. We made a very nice flag for Egypt and I can't wait to see what else we'll be doing. I love the club, I love my hallmates in the club, I love everyone I am getting to know in the club. Beautiful, involved, and excited people. That's what I like to see.

And to top it all off, the suite for next year is looking set. Life is alright. I'm going to Expressions of Blackness tonight and I am going to enjoy myself. I think after all of the future planning and extracurriculars, we always need to take time out to enjoy ourselves. Do it!

btemplates

0 comments:

Post a Comment